Position: Swim Coordinator
Location: The Spa at Beckenham Leisure Centre, 24 Beckenham Rd, Beckenham, BR3 4PF
Salary: £26,125 p.a. (pro rata) Plus Benefits
Job Type: Fixed Term - 40 hours per week** (*MATERNITY COVER* - Until December 2024)**
Closing Date: 11th March 2024
- To promote, manage and develop the Get Active in Swimming Programme and report on progress against objectives and targets set.
- To line manage a team of permanent and casual Swimming Instructors.
- You will deliver the coordination of the Learn to Swim provision and be part of a team inspiring thousands of children to swim every week.
- You will drive standards of teaching across a team of teachers to provide a world-class experience for our customers.
- Fully support and promote all Mytime Active Programmes, events and challenges.
- To deal with customers in a friendly and professional manner at all times
- Ensure all staff members complete all Learning & Development courses and prerequisites requirements as required by My Time Active
To be part of the team you need to be focused and driven to deliver on time without ever compromise. We are looking for an experienced and natural leader, who leads by example and someone to demonstrate good judgement at all times.
- Previous experience in delivering and or coordinating learn-to-swim provision would be desirable, you should be able to prioritise your workload, have good organisational planning and communication skills, and have experience working within a team.
- At least 2 years experience of Swim Teaching
- Essential: ASA Teaching Aquatics Level 2
- Desirable: National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches or NPLQ NPLQ Trainer/Assessor
In return you get to work for a great company with like-minded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
* Free access to Mytime Leisure & Golf for you and one other.
* 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays). Additional leave with length of service.
* Holiday purchase scheme.
* 25% off food and beverage and free hot drinks.
* NEST pension.
* Early Pay- withdraw a part of your salary in advance of the pay day.
* New Employee Referral Bonus
* Exceptional achievement award scheme.
* Employee Benefits Platform & salary sacrifice schemes.
* Health and Wellbeing Benefits including Health Assessments and checks.
We are an independent social enterprise on a mission to improve wellbeing through our range of accessible services. These include golf, swimming, gyms, bowling, social and health programmes at 20 locations across Bromley, the Midlands and Hampshire. We reinvest our profits into the long-term wellbeing of our local communities, and to date we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people to live a happier and healthier lifestyle.
*All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and:
* Satisfactory health clearance;
* Two satisfactory references;
* Proof of attainment of qualifications;
* Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
** Satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check if needed for the role*
Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection.
Mytime Active reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.