Role: Day Camp Leader
Location: The Spa Beckenham
Hours: 8.30am -1.30pm or 8.30am -5.30pm
Salary: £12.74 Per hour
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Lead a team and have the overall responsibility for running the camp
Ensure that risk assessments are carried out on equipment, facilities, and activities on a termly basis or if new activities are added by staff and children in a way that allows children to develop in a challenging environment.
Manage the staff to assist the children to plan activities by providing a rich learning environment with a daily focus activity that meets the needs of all the children attending the setting.
To undertake professional development, participating in meetings, training or conferences as appropriate.
To performance manage staff
To Maintain good communications and work in developing partnerships with parents and carers.
Ensure that the administration within your setting is completed and recorded
To gain feedback from staff, parents and children on a regular basis
Facilitate snacks, lunch and drinks to children when needed
Carry out the duties of the post reflecting equality of opportunity and acting as a positive role model for the team and the club.
To undertake any other duties in relation to the post.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to work using on own initiative and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead a team in the day-to-day running of provision including delegation of duties.
- Ability to enthuse and be in touch with children understanding their individual needs.
- Ability to communicate on all levels respecting opinions and the diversity.
- A practical and working knowledge of a range of play and social education activities.
- Ofsted standards with regard to out of school childcare.
- The importance of play for children’s development.
- Relevant health and safety issues surrounding childcare.
-Experience of managing a team of individuals to perform to high quality standards
-Experience of working with children in a supervisory role.
-Experience of planning provision.
-Understanding of Safeguarding
-Experience of behaviour management techniques
We are looking for a fast-thinker who’s calm under pressure, responsible and a natural with people from all walks of life.
A minimum of Level 3 in relevant childcare, Teacher, Teaching Assistant or Coaching qualification is essential.
Food and Hygiene and Paediatric First Aid qualifications are desirable.
How to Apply
Please email your current CV and covering letter stating your suitability for the role.
Offer is conditional upon health clearance, employment/education references, enhanced DBS check, Ofsted suitability interview and the role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.