Role: Day Camp Assistant
Location: The Spa Beckenham
Hours: 8.30am -1.30pm or 8.30am -5.30pm
Salary: £9.50 Per hour
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* To assist with the effective running of a children’s camp; providing a friendly, caring, secure environment that encourages child development.
* To assist in the organisation and evaluation of activity programmes which reflect children’s diverse and individual needs.
* To have a good understanding of the role of play in child development and to contribute creative ideas to the programming of activities.
* To work on own initiative with minimal supervision and to attend meetings as and when appropriate.
* To promote equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice through the programming of appropriate play activities and also by acting as a positive role model to the children.
* To be aware of the need to maintain the safety and security of the club’s environment and assist in the efficient implementation of the relevant emergency procedures, including First Aid.
* To protect children’s rights, health, safety and well being, to standards prescribed by current legislation such as the Children’s Act and Health & Safety at Work Act.
* To contribute to the protection of children from harm, reporting concerns to the Leader.
* To provide information for reports as and when required by the Leader.
* To adhere to and promote Equal Opportunity and Equity policies.
* To attend statutory & non-statutory training to ensure continuing personal development to ensure the club can achieve the highest possible Ofsted rating.
* To carry out other appropriate duties as directed by the Leader.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Ability to work in a team
Ability to assist in the day-to-day running of provision including delegation of duties.
Ability to enthuse and be in touch with children understanding their individual needs.
A can do attitude, bubbly and fun personality
Working with children
Working with children
Interest in Drama, Sport, Art or other fun activities
No formal qualifications are needed however you will need to be at least 17 years old to work at the camp due to Ofsted requirements
How to Apply
Please email your CV and cover letter stating your interest and suitability for the role.
Please notes all offer are conditional upon health clearance, employment/education references, enhanced DBS check, Ofsted suitability interview and the role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.